This is a video from our VINT Symposium 2012: Recorded Future with short interviews with visitors and speakers about their expectations of the event and the first thing that comes to mind when thinking of Big Data.
Video | VINT Symposium 2012: Recorded Future
Thomas van Manen is an analyst and digital/social strategist at VINT. His research focuses on the impact of Big Data, Mobile Information Technologies, Gamification and the Web of Things. He can help organizations roll out a Social (Business) Strategy and provide business managers with analysis on upcoming technology trends. He is the co-author of Game On, a report on the business impact of games and the potential of unleashing game dynamics onto business applications and four reports on Big Data. Thomas is also Chief Editor at the VINT research blog and was part of the HOT100 in 2012, a yearly selection of the most promising alumni in Media & Arts studies.
- VINT Symposium talks by Harrie Vollaard (Rabobank) on a Big Data roadmap & Christiaan Alberdingk Thijm (SOLV) on privacy
- VINT Symposium Recap: Luciano Floridi and David Weinberger presentations
- Jason Silva keynoting on ‘Big Data and the Global Nervous System’
- Expert Talk: Christopher Ahlberg (CEO Recorded Future) on predicting change and the future
- Expert Talk: David Weinberger on knowledge, big data, big science and paradigm shifts